rpmlib installation qualms

Just out of curiosity, is the
int rpmInstall(rpmts ts, struct rpmInstallArguments_s *ia, const char **fileArgv);

function just there to tease me? :)

I'm calling it with a valid transaction, NULL rpmInstallArguments, and then a valid string (current working directory, or is an actual full path necessary?) and it SIGSEGVs every time.

Are the install arguments necessary? where else might the SIGSEGV be stemming from? what is the flying weight of an unladen sparrow?

I've seen references to old mailing lists questions that seem to be from before rpmInstall() was created, and have relatively complicated sample code for installation in the thread, but rpmInstall (and rpmInstallSource()) seem to be what is needed, if they'd just work :)

Also, how are conflicts handled, or dependencies, etc? I want to make sure my code accommodating of some of the error cases rpmlib might present.

Cheers
R. Tyler Ballance: Lead Mac Developer at bleep. software
contact: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | jabber: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx