Re: Specifying dependency install order

On Aug 22, 2006, at 2:34 PM, Tim Mooney wrote:

In regard to: Re: Specifying dependency install order, Jeff Johnson said...:

So, is there a way that I can do this inside of one RPM, where I list the
deps, and say which are to be installed in what order?

Nope. Well you can try invoking rpm -Uvh within %post, and rpm - evh within %preun, adding --nodeps to install contained *.rpm files, but that cure may make you wish for tastier
rocks instead.

A long time ago, you added "manifest" capability to RPM. If that's still
present, it might do what is being asked for.  It's probably no better
than your --anaconda suggestion, though.

Yes, I forgot about manifests.

Adding --noorder (or equivalently --nodeps which implies --noorder) would also be needed.

Anyways a manifest is just a list of package file paths, easily generated by
    ls -1 /path/to/rpmfiles/*.rpm > manifest
and then installing with
    rpm -Uvh manifest

Check that manifest is okay with
    rpm -qp manifest