Re: Environment variables in RPM installation scripts

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, David Leangen wrote:

> > I suppose I could install the "updated" files under a new name in a
> > known location, them apply the patch. Would that be the standard
> > way of doing what I'm trying to do?
>

> Sorry... what I said won't work. I don't want to install the patch
> file itself, and, IIUC, it is not a good idea to overwrite the yum
> config files.

Supply the patch file (or the complete file itself) as a 'here' document in
%post, or a sed script.  Since it is not part of %files, rpm won't complain
about a conflict.  Of course, rpm -V will report that the file has
changed, but that is as expected.