Re: Environment variables in RPM installation scripts

Good question!

Yes, I suppose this would be a simple fix, but... In a few places in the RPM docs, they say that it is not good practice to modify files that were installed from another package. The files I want to modify are not files that "belong" to me.

Specifically, I am modifying the *.repo files in /etc/yum.repos.d. I add my own files, but I want to disable the default fedora files that were installed by yum.

When I uninstall my package, I would simple reverse the patch to restore the default yum config files to their original states.

In any case, I can't add any new files from %files, because it gives me an error saying that these files belong to another package.

I suppose I could install the "updated" files under a new name in a known location, them apply the patch. Would that be the standard way of doing what I'm trying to do?

Thanks again!!