Re: %files directive with relocation in %install

On Jun 27, 2006, at 7:36 PM, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

Okay. So should I stick with 'Prefix: /usr/local' and %{prefix}?

Only if you're going to use /usr/local.  But you shouldn't.

If your package is not relocatable, don't use Prefix: at all.

Also, can you elaborate on the 'misguidedly'. I was originally going
to set the prefix to /usr but someone on my team told me that
/usr/local is where non-system installed packages should go.

I originally thought that /usr was for ANY managed package, and
/usr/local was for things compiled from source. Is that the correct
interpretation.

Yes, you are correct.  Your teammate is wrong.

If you're not a distribution provider, you should not be
putting things in the distribution provider's space (/usr).

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

So where does LSB install executables?

73 de Jeff