Re: rpmbuild command line override spec file %define

On 5/22/06, Aaron Richton <richton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> the former, I need to --define 'build_ada 0' when I rpmbuild for
> --target=sparc64 because I have no sparc64 capable Ada compiler
> installed on my system.

If you want to codify "sparc64 is bad for ada", try something like:

# FIXME: somebody should make ada for sparcv9
%ifarch sparc64
%define build_ada 0
%else
%define build_ada 1
%endif

which may or may not get cumbersome depending on how many platforms
do(n't) support ada. You can replace 0/1 with the examples from other
replies to accept --without or what have you.

thanks for your reply, however, I wanted to override a %define in the
spec file, that was not possible, so, the --without change to the spec
file was to me a suitable little fix in the specfile  that I figured
was small enough (oneliner) that I could learn to like...

--
Cheers,

/ChJ