Re: RPM Spec manual

Jasper O'neal Hartline wrote:
Digant C Kasundra wrote:
Where can I find an exhaustive and comprehensive manual to rpm spec files?
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/

Some say it is outdated, but regardless it is a good place to start.
It certainly was at one time. But it's pretty much hopelessly outdated and only frustrating for someone who's trying to start from the beginning now. Even the simple stuff doesn't work anymore. Unfortunately, it seems to be the only thing that exists outside the source code, and I couldn't get that to compile on any of the machines I have available, (including fc5 and rhel4).

--rich