Re: How to handle config files in rpms [wd-vc]

In regard to: How to handle config files in rpms [wd-vc], Rainer.Brunold@xxxxx:

How can this be handled or what do others do ?

Do we have to deploy our configurations to different directories or do we
have to modify the original nagios rpm not to include the config files ?

The people that are trying to do the same thing you're trying to do
generally end up choosing one of those two options.  If you choose the
first option, you can use a post-install script to copy your config files
over the top of nagios' config files.  You probably also want to look at
having a trigger on the nagios package, so that when it's upgraded your
config files get copied right back over the top of the nagios config files
(assuming the nagios rpm doesn't preserve your changes, which it should
be doing).

In my opinion, modifying the nagios RPM and having the config files in
a separate package is the cleaner approach.  Make the nagios RPM

	Requires: nagios-config

(probably with a version, too) and either name your config file package
"nagios-config" or make it

	Provides: nagios-config

Tim
--