How to handle config files in rpms [wd-vc]

Hello all!

We would like to put some application configurations into rpms files. I now it's not what rpm is for, but ...
Eg. we have installed nagios for system monitoring using the default rpm package from www.nagios.org.
That one stores its configuration files in /etc/nagios.

Now we have about 400 server where we would like to deploy a default nagios configuration.
Right now our software distribution solution can only deploy rpm packages.

So we want to build our own rpm called something like "allianz-nagiosconf..." where we would like to deploy our own nagios configuration files. After building it and trying to install it we get of course some file conflicts. That's correct and I do not want to use the --force option.

How can this be handled or what do others do ?

Do we have to deploy our configurations to different directories or do we have to modify the original nagios rpm not to include the config files ?

Thanks for any informations.

Rainer

Dieses E-Mail und allfaellig daran angeschlossene Anhaenge
enthalten Informationen, die vertraulich und
ausschliesslich fuer den (die) bezeichneten Adressaten
bestimmt sind.
Wenn Sie nicht der genannte Adressat sind, darf dieses
E-Mail samt allfaelliger Anhaenge von Ihnen weder anderen
Personen zugaenglich gemacht, noch in anderer Weise
verwertet werden.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, bitten
wir Sie, dieses E-Mail und saemtliche angeschlossenen
Anhaenge zu loeschen.