RE: Can't produce output

-----Original Message-----
From: rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Wichmann, Mats D
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 6:27 PM
To: RPM Package Manager
Subject: RE: Can't produce output

> when we set lots of cool stuff via macros, we lose the ability for
others to
> reproduce the same build from srpm, unless we find a way for them to
get the macro too.

this is true - but you can define macros in the specfile, no?  I've
never tried it, but I think you can.  If you cannot, then at the very
least, you can put comments in the spec file regarding your build
environment.

If you are using some sort of an automated build system (which I'm not
for the small number of internal packages that I maintain), then that
system could insert either the relevant macros or comments in the
specfile prior to build.