RE: Can't produce output

>> No.  I tried the %_rpmdir macro and got:
>
>The macro is %_topdir, not %_rpmdir.
>
>> Using ~/anything as a build directory is insufficient because it's
>> not reentrant - that is, a second attempt to build foo.rpm will
>> collide with a first.  This makes the build process
>> non-deterministic and is simply unacceptable for an automated
>> process.
>
>Maybe you should look at Mezzanine.  It's specifically designed for
>automated builds and such.

Hijacking this thread for a whinge of my own:

when we set lots of cool stuff via macros, we lose the ability
for others to reproduce the same build from srpm, unless we find
a way for them to get the macro files too.  for some stuff it
doesn't matter, for example the settings to rehost a build in
a local non-root tree from the system default don't actually
affect the results of the build, but other macro settings may
affect the actual build... are there ways to help with that?
does Mezzanine (which I've been meaning to look at for ages)
help with that kind of thing?