Re: Can't produce output

Michael Jennings wrote:
On Monday, 24 April 2006, at 14:20:54 (-0700),
K. Richard Pixley wrote:

Yes, thank you, I saw that approach on the web link.  However, that
doesn't address reentrancy and I need a reentrant solution.

Rather than rambling on and on about "reentrant" this and "macros"
that, how about telling us what you've tried and why it doesn't work
for you?  This is not a sales or marketing list, so continuously
pummeling us with buzzwords rather than substance will accomplish
little.

Sorry.  I thought that I'd done that.  Here's a forward of the original post which includes that info.

--rich
--- Begin Message ---
I'm trying to produce rpm's and, of course, can't because the default
output directory isn't writable by me.

The only way I can find to set the output directory is via "macros",
though I can't seem to find any documentation on the macro file format,
existing macros, or the like.  Is there any?

Or can someone tell me what's wrong with this approach?

--rich

echo '%_rpmdir\t'`pwd` > rpm-macros
rpmbuild --macros=rpm-macros -bb -vv peakstream.spec
[...]
error: Could not open /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/peakstream-0-0.i386.rpm:
Permission denied

--- End Message ---