Re: using a password-protected .zip file as source

Le Mer 12 avril 2006 19:56, Marten Lehmann a écrit :
> Hello,
>
>  > Is
>> it just a case of a vendor supplied zip file and you don't want to
>> repackage it to a tarball?
>
> yes, exactly. But I now decided to repackage it, because the
> vendor-filename and root directory within the file contains spaces,
> which makes it very hard to work with.

If you're not the original provider of the zip file it is much preferred
to do the unpacking and file name munging in the spec file, as otherwise
you'll leave a big part of the build procedure undocumented (which will be
a PITA for people that want to start from the vendor zip if they don't
trust you enough, and for you whenever you'll need to dump a new zip
version in your srpm)

--
Nicolas Mailhot