Re: RPM that modifies /etc/sysctl.conf

On 2/8/06, Rob Riggs <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joe Van Dyk wrote:
>
> >What if I need to add entries into /etc/fstab or /etc/resolv.conf?
> >Are there scripts that will automatically add entries into those
> >files?
> >

> Can you give me a use case for needing to update either of those from an
> RPM?  Both of those should be set up properly during the OS install process.
>
> However, fstab-sync and dhclient can update /etc/fstab and
> /etc/resolv.conf respectively.  Not sure if they will do what you want,
> but it's a start.

We don't use dhcp, so we need to specify a nameserver in
/etc/resolv.conf.  I suppose the user could specify that during the
install, but I'd still like to have an RPM that changes it to the
correct value.

Installing Clearcase requires adding entries to /etc/fstab.  Also, we
have NFS mounts that are standard on some machines.

Joe