Re: Interactive installation of rpm package

On Jan 26, 2006, at 9:04 AM, Hasan YAVUZ wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to build an interactive rpm package.

It's possible, but strongly discouraged. I'll leave that to others ;-)

That means, I would like build a relocatable package but I'd like find a way for don't give the path of installation as --prefix (pathname) I'd like to answer a questions as "Enter the path of package where would you like to install: ?" in pre-installation phase and after the rpm package install in the path given at the questions.
Is it possible to install rpm package with interactive mode.

Instead, invoke rpm as
    rpm -Uvh --relocate /old=/new ...
to specify the relocation path for files.

If there are other occurences of the relocated path in, say, config files, then
you will need to change those files in %post, or -- even better -- patch
the program to be as independent of installed (and possibly relocated)
path as possible.

hth

73 de Jeff