Layers of triggers

Hello,

I've searched the archives for triggers and I've read the explanation on
trigger ordering, but I have a quick question.

If I have an RPM foo which contains a %triggerin that copies sshd_config
into place when openssh-server is installed, but then I have a separate
RPM bar which contains a %triggerin foo that slightly alters
sshd_config, the order in which triggers fire appears to be random.

Sometimes bar will alter sshd_config properly; other times, it won't (or
it does, but it happens before the foo package copies sshd_config into
place).

The reason I do this is because we have a global sshd_config on all
hosts.  We want to replace one config variable only on certain machines.
We could duplicate the entire sshd_config in the third RPM, but then
we'd have dual maintenance just to maintain the difference of one config
variable.

Does anyone know what we might be doing wrong or how we might better
accomplish this task?

Triggers should fire in this order:
openssh-server -> foo -> bar

Thanks.

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                      |         |           |
       IT Data Center Systems          |       .|||.       .|||.