Re: Detecting version of rpm in a spec file

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 12:43 -0500, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> > Sorry for wasting your time.
> >

> Be that way then. I can't help you if you can't upgrade rpm. Yet More
> Macro Gunk is
> depressing and sad.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound snide.

I was looking for a way with macros within spec file to have a single
spec file that allowed users of the newer rpm to avoid dependency bloat
w/o --nodeps (which doesn't work reliably with repos) but still have the
spec file build on older rpm.

pan being the example because requiring gedit pulls in gnome stuff that
pan itself doesn't need and the user doesn't need if they prefer NEdit
or pine.

Different spec files is probably better then trying to mess with macros.