Re: Failed dependency while installing

You provided little info, however you can try to use Provides tags or AutoProvReq set to false.
rpmbuild automatically searches out dependant libraries of binaries, AutoProvReq set to false will alleviate this, but if you actually want
help, provide more info. e.g. WHAT package? WHAT files? WHAT dependencies?

So far it sounds like you are installing ghostpackage-1.0.1 and that makes little sense. :-)
Manish Katiyar wrote:
Hi,
    I have some binaries,shared libraries (.so) and other files out of which I have created a rpm but when I try to install it, I get an error as
Failed dependency for the shared libraries that I am providing. When I don't package the binaries which require that libraries I am able to install it without any errors. Is it a packaging issue or some problem with rpm package that it is looking for the libraries while installation. Can in any way I can change the order of installation so that libraries get installed first and then the binaries. I guess since binaries are in bin and libraries are in lib so alphabetically it is trying to install binaries first.

NOTE: I don't want to use --nodeps

Any help appreciated.