Re: RPM that installs a slightly modified Redhat kernel

On Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:13 PM -0500 James Olin Oden <james.oden@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That is the hard way IMHO.  All you have to do is the sources
extracted and patched via the prep option of rpmbuild (i.e. -bp) and
then make copies of the files you change with a consistent extensioin
and then use gendiff.  So if you consistent extension for your backups
of the originals was .orig, you would type:

   gendiff $kernel_dir .orig > your.patch

And your done generating the patch.

Even us old farts sometimes learn something new. ;) Now to see if there's a way to get my editor to selectively generate backups in my ~/BUILD tree....