Re: copying locale specific files only

On 12/26/05, Lakshmi V <lakshmi.granger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I  have a scenario where based on the locale, I want to install some locale specific files.
for example i have to copy myfile.txt which needs to be copied by default , but myfileko.txt or myfilejp.txt should be copied only if that specific locale is set while installing to my directory say /scratch/mydir/. Is there any flag in %files which would specify the language list .

the only way of doing what you're looking for that I know of would be to have a package like mybase that would be files used by all locales which requires a virtual package such as mybase-locale.  Then have separate locale packages each of which conflict with each other and all provide the virtual package.  That way you can only have one of the locale packages installed at a time and you can't have the main package installed without a locale package.  it's obviously more work to install and easily broken by --nodeps but if someone uses --nodeps they deserve it.

Oh well just my 2 cents.
Good luck,
Tom