Re: How -U option work in RPM?

shekhar vaggu wrote:

Thanks Jos.

I tried the same but still the same scripts ( preun and postun ) which are part of older version rpm are being executed after doing this check also.

The test applies only to the scripts in the new version, of course. These will not be executed when you upgrade *to* your new package, but rather when you upgrade *from* it to yet another version.

By any chance can we supress this so that this will not be executed at all.

Apart from what the others have said, not that you may be able to use "triggerpostun" to revert the effects of badly written preun and postun scripts. You should find more info on this in the file "triggers" on the rpm doc directory.

- Toralf