Re: SPEC-file: "Requires"-field with alternatives

On Tuesday, 08 November 2005, at 09:29:26 (+0100),
Toralf Lund wrote:

> Yes. It's not exactly the same thing, but it is something I've also
> wanted... I'm wondering what automatic dependency resolvers will do
> with this information, though. Will they install the optional
> packages if they are found?

rpm itself, as you'd expect, ignores them completely.  The depsolvers
may or may not, at their option, do anything with the dependency
hints.  The hope is that they will be added to the transaction set IFF
available, but that's entirely at the whim of the depsolver's author.

Think of it as more of a convention than anything...a way to know how
the TS *could* be populated but doesn't *have* to be.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>