Re: SPEC-file: "Requires"-field with alternatives

Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:

Hallo,

cannot find anywhere the information, is it possible to set the alternatives
in the "requires" field - f.e., I would make the packet to require package
A, and then one from the three: either package B or package C - or even
package D (whichever can be actually present in the system or available for
installation). Something like this:

Requires: package_a, package_b OR package_c OR package_d

Is it possible? If so - how is the exact syntax?
Like someone else said, this is not possible. I've always wanted it, too, though. The virtual package mechanism is useful in many cases, but there are situations where you don't have (or don't want to have) any control at all over the "provides" info of the base packages and can't rely on a sensible virtual package setup being there already. Perhaps we should add an RFE...

- Toralf