Re: SPEC: How to specify package ARCH for REQUIRES?

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 17:53 +0200, Christian.Rohrmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "trip your posts"...

I mean trim, you include the entire of the previous mail in your
top-posted reply - please delete things.

> I need a way in which I can specify the architecture of a package in the
> SPEC file REQUIRES attribute.

The simple answer is this is not doable with current rpm spec syntax.
Yes this is currently a limitation, however for the most part as we do
automatic ELF based requires addition things just work.

For consideration you may wish to file via support requst:

http://redhat.com/support/

> Your suggest solution, which was to specify libraries or specific files
> that are in the the package that I wish to depend upon, instead of
> specifiying the name of the package, has serious problems, because possibly
> some other package that I don't want to install happens to contain the
> library or file that I specified in the SPEC (as I demonstrated
> previously.)

You can not take a file listing and convert it to a symbol based
provides necessarily did you actually use one of the PROVIDES as I
suggested.  It doesn't seem like you did.

> I literally need to install libstdc++, and specifically the x86_64 version!

And I've shown you how to do this...

Paul