Re: rh-rpm] on hold...

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Bob Proulx wrote:

My personal experience is that all messages in the hold queue are silently discarded without any notification regardless of the autoresponder message to the contrary.

I conversed with the listmaster and was informed that they did not have the time to do anything about this nor could I get them to admit that this was even a problem.

Nope (not as to a lack of time -0- rather, I lack a masochistic inclination; there was no question asking if I considered it a problem) But it is true enough that I have no inclination to wade through a cesspool for people who cannot configure their MUA to retain copies of sent email. I do not see that as a problem ;)

The exchange referred to ended on June 13. Upshot (with a typo cleanup) was:

Does that mean that you do not plan on approving those messages to the mailing lists? They are apparently still sitting in the hold queue.

correct - there are two admins, and with the mass of viral content, all that is caught is discarded unread

------- quote ends

- Russ Herrold