Re: newbie chroot type question... [part 2] on hold...

Jason Pyeron wrote:
> >IS BEING HELD UNTIL THE LIST MODERATOR CAN REVIEW IT FOR APPROVAL.
> >
> >The reason it is being held:
> >
> >   Message body is too big: 7500 bytes with a limit of 4 KB
> >
> >Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> >notification of the moderator's decision.

My personal experience is that all messages in the hold queue are
silently discarded without any notification regardless of the
autoresponder message to the contrary.

I conversed with the listmaster and was informed that they did not
have the time to do anything about this nor could I get them to admit
that this was even a problem.

So if you ever see that message you are basically out of luck and your
message is lost.  You would need to break your message up into parts
smaller than 4kb and post them in pieces.  Sigh.

Bob