Re: A problem involving complex packaging of DSOs...

Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
Without providing an answer to your more complex "conditional dependency" problem, you might consider
letting the FHS guide you on placement of files...
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/:

----
/opt : Add-on application software packages

Purpose

/opt is reserved for the installation of add-on application software
packages.

A package to be installed in /opt must locate its static files in a
separate /
name that
describes the software package and <provider> is the provider's LANANA
registered name.
----

In other words, either carve out one directory per product
under /opt, or register your company name as a provider-name
and use that directory in /opt as you choose.

But the FHS forbids the system vendor from putting anything in /opt.
And rpmlint seems to assume that anything
packaged as an RPM is "from the system vendor".
rpmlint gives me hell if I run it on an rpm that installs under /opt.
It's much, much happier if I change the package to install under /usr.

So is rpmlint wrong here?