From: David Hugh-Jones <davidhughjones@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:58:23 +0000
Subject: python versions in rpm
To: rpm-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I have a fairly simple question. I would like to build an rpm that,
when installed on the user's computer, figures out whether to put
python library files in /usr/lib/python2.3/ or /usr/lib/python2.2/
etc.

In other words, I want to have one rpm for as many distros as
possible, rather than having different rpms for every distro with a
different python version.

Is this possible? I note that the .spec file can include things like

/usr/lib/python*/site-packages/

in the %files section, but I assume that when you build the rpm, it
automatically selects the path where the files are installed on your
host system.

Cheers
David