Re: compiling rpm from source

On Mar 4, 2005, at 11:59 AM, James Olin Oden wrote:

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:31:09 -0800, Nathanael Noblet <nathanael@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
     I am attempting to compile rpm from source for a small project.
I've used Linux from scratch to create an independant system. I've
installed libtool, automake, autoconf, beecrypt, zlib, gzip, bzip2 and
elfutils.

On trying to compile it (from a chroot environment) it fails on the
file rpmio/rpmsq.c with a vague error:

rpmsq.c:686 error: parse error before '}' token
rpmsq.c:703 error: parse error at end of input

This is just a guess, but rpmsq.c uses pthreads.  Do you have pthreads
in your build environment?   Normally, it would just be there, but
your doing your linux environment so maybe its not.

Well the host machine has glibc-3.4.3 and my environment is but 3.4.1, so I'm upgrading that and well see, otherwise I'm not sure what else to do to get it to compile...

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T 250.385.4613