Re: compiling rpm from source

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:31:09 -0800, Nathanael Noblet <nathanael@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>      I am attempting to compile rpm from source for a small project.
> I've used Linux from scratch to create an independant system. I've
> installed libtool, automake, autoconf, beecrypt, zlib, gzip, bzip2 and
> elfutils.
>
> On trying to compile it (from a chroot environment) it fails on the
> file rpmio/rpmsq.c with a vague error:
>
> rpmsq.c:686 error: parse error before '}' token
> rpmsq.c:703 error: parse error at end of input

This is just a guess, but rpmsq.c uses pthreads.  Do you have pthreads
in your build environment?   Normally, it would just be there, but
your doing your linux environment so maybe its not.

> and dies. I've looked over the file and obviously can't find anything
> wrong with it.

BTW, what version are you building?   Are you building from SRPM, or from CVS?

> The odd thing is compiling without the chroot environment (RHEL 4), it
> compiles fine until it dies in the debugedit area. I'm wondering why
> this is? What could I be missing?

I think its pthreads, but again I could be wrong.  Specific version
would be helpful, and means of compiling.

Cheers...james