Re: compiling rpm from source

Nathanael Noblet wrote:

Hello,
I am attempting to compile rpm from source for a small project. I've used Linux from scratch to create an independant system. I've installed libtool, automake, autoconf, beecrypt, zlib, gzip, bzip2 and elfutils.

On trying to compile it (from a chroot environment) it fails on the file rpmio/rpmsq.c with a vague error:

rpmsq.c:686 error: parse error before '}' token
rpmsq.c:703 error: parse error at end of input

and dies. I've looked over the file and obviously can't find anything wrong with it.

The odd thing is compiling without the chroot environment (RHEL 4), it compiles fine until it dies in the debugedit area. I'm wondering why this is? What could I be missing?

Nathanael, I have udpated the hint for LFS and the current RPM, you can follow the directions here, it will help with a lot of the issues your are having.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/downloads/files/rpm.txt

--
----
Jim Gifford