Re: Multi-arch RPM at once

On Tuesday, 01 February 2005, at 16:50:56 (+0100),
Toralf Lund wrote:

> Yeah, I guess this is one of the things that it might suddenly occur
> to you to try, if you use the --target option - which I generally
> don't; I usually build for the default architecture or set an
> alternative one once and for all via BuildArch:

I did too, right up until I needed to build kernel packages for i386,
i686, and athlon all from the same module in the same build system.
And you know what they say about Necessity....  :-)

> That's what I though. What I'm wondering about, though, is if it's
> possible to tell rpmbuild via the spec file to re-exec itself that
> way, and also if it passes additional --define's (or their
> equivalent) based on the current position in the target list, or
> something. I can't find anything looking like that in %dump,
> however...

AFAIK, you cannot specify multiple arch's in BuildArch:, nor is there
anything similar with which you can.

However, you can always use %ifarch/%ifnarch to conditionally set
defines in the spec file.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>