Re: Multi-arch RPM at once

James Olin Oden wrote :

> > rpmbuild --target=i386,i686,x86_64
>
> Are you sure about that?  I am pretty positive that each rpm produced
> will have the same arch unless rpmbuild has recently changed.  Mind
> you I would not mind the change, but ever since I can you could only
> produce one arch from the same invocation of rpmbuild against a
> specfile.

With some (ugly) %ifarch / %ifnarch wrapping of sub-packages (or only
%files, actually), you can create some arch-dependant binary packages as
well as some noarch ones from the same source rpm by using an rpmbuild
invocation as above.
This is done (or at least was at one point) for instance in the RH/FC
kernel, where the spec file parses to only create the kernel-source(code)
package when the arch is "noarch".

It's not actually that ugly, but a bit confusing and tricky to automate in
a build system.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.10-1.753_FC3
Load : 0.17 0.17 0.17