Re: Rpm and Code Developer

On 01/13/2005 06:00:02 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
I've read Maximum RPM fairly closely, but I haven't found an example
of
someone using rpm as a source developer (i.e., the packager is the
source
developer, too).  The examples assume the "pristine" source is in an
archive
somewhere and can be placed in the SOURCES directory.

I have seen sources that contain a spec.in file that generates a proper spec file for the project (proper version number, proper versions for dependencies, etc) when autoconf is run to create the configure file.

Then you can build rpm's from the source tarball with

rpmbuild -tb foobar-1.0.tar.gz (or -ts for src.rpm or -ta for binary and src.rpm)

That's probably the best way to do it, rather than have make do it.