Re: Package name conflict

Following up my last e-mail, this should work -

Source0: http://www.nothingisreal.com/gpp/%{tarballname}-% {version}.tar.bz2
BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root
Prefix: %{_prefix}

%description
GPP is a general-purpose preprocessor with customizable syntax,
suitable for a wide range of preprocessing tasks. Its independence
from any one programming language makes it much more versatile than
the C preprocessor (cpp), while its syntax is lighter and more
flexible than that of GNU m4. There are built-in macros for use with
C/C++, LaTeX, HTML, XHTML, and Prolog files.

%prep
%setup -q -n %{tarballname}-%{version}

I put two %defines in under the Summary (you can put them wherever, just before they are used)

Changed the name to use the %packagename and changed the source to use %tarballname

Changed the %setup to specify the expansion of source to the tarball name.

rpm then compiled on my system (fc3) without issue.