From: rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpm-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Huw Lynes
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 10:28 AM
To: RPM Package Manager
Subject: Re: Building my first rpm

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:58:56 -0500
"Lehman, Jason (Registrar's Office)" <Jlehman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am trying to build my first rpm.  And it is for php-4.3.9  I built
> the spec file which doesn't have much in it. (included below)  But
> whenever I run rpmbuild -ba php-4.3.9.spec it finishes without error
> but I can't find the rpm it build.  I have gotten a src.rpm but not
> the binary.  Any help would be appreciated.

I would take the SPEC file out of the the PHP SRPM for your distro and
use that as a base rather than starting from scratch.

> Also I am on a Redhat 3 AS version of linux.

you have no %files section so RPM doesn't have anything to package.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |