How to use temporary files?

I want to include some temporary files in an RPM so that they are
available during the install and revoved at the end. The files will be
searched for information that will be appended to system files. Where
do I put the files in the SOURCE tree and how do I refer to them in the
SPEC file?

For example:

grep leam aliases.new >> /etc/aliases

Should append my mail alias to the existing alias list. The problem I'm
having is where the alias.new file should go.

ciao!

leam