Re: Determine dependencies at build time

Simon,

thanks for your help, but unfortunately it does not solve my problem.

Simon Mudd wrote:

> Georg.Baum@xxxxxx (Georg Baum) writes:
>
>> 1. When building the package, rpm does not stop if the script fails (e.
>> g. because no latex executable can be found). Is it possible to change
>> this?
>
> You need to use BuildRequires: (Requires: are install depedencies,
> whereas BuildRequires are build depedencies. You probably need both.)

Yes, I also need BuildRequires, since my script will not find the required
packages if they are not installed. But when BuildRequires is evaluated,
the package is not yet unpacked, so I really need to embed the script in
the spec file ;-(

>> 2. Is it possible to embed the script in the spec file? Maybe this would
>> solve problem 1, and I have a bad feeling wrt the path constructed with
>> %{_builddir} etc. I tried to embed it, but did not find a way to do so if
>> the script uses more than one line.
>
> Put the script in %_sourcedir.

But then I need to put it there, I want the script to be used that is
contained in the source tarball.

Georg