Building rpm's for java software.

Hello All,
I am new to building rpm's and I am trying to build rpm for a java application.
When I searched the net, all the tutorials I found contained examples for c/c++ software that uses the installation routine configure, make, make install etc'.
I didn't find any documentation for building rpm for java applications.
The java application I am trying to build has some awkward points regarding the rpm scheme:
1. It builds with ant rather then make.
2. After ant builds the program, there are many files and libraries, that are placed inside an installation directory.
The application executable has to be run from the installation directory, and it relies on the folder structure within that directory.
I want to know where I should place that directory in the file system hierarchy. its not just a couple of files I can place in /usr/bin. I thought about placing the installation directory inside /opt/<app name> but I am not certain if that is considered standard behavior.

Thanks,
Hillel.