Re: New RPM API - Documentation

On 04/30/2004 08:59 AM, James Olin Oden wrote:

Maximum RPM up to date, and there is now an rpm-devel wiki (rpm-devel.colug.net) where developers of rpm can begin placing the why.

Just signed up - expect me to make a pest of myself.

Again, go to rpm-devel.colug.net and there is an in progress version of Max RPM from cvs there.

All I see is the CVS snapshot, and in so far as I can tell the section on librpm is still out of date. Is there an anoncvs server to get the lastest and greatest?

Given a process running as non-root, how can I have that process determine a desired transaction set and communicate it to a root process (which will do the actual application)?

That question is as I understand it outside the scope of librpm. The
Obviously the actual user to root communications would be up to me to design. However, I see no way of portably (in a cross-process sense) describing a transaction set - as far as I have been able to tell, there is no way I can say "OK, I need to remove this RPM from the system - that is database entry 1024." All I have is a pointer to a memory structure that I cannot even be sure I could share via shmem - unless there IS a way to extract that info and I am just not seeing it.