New RPM API - Documentation

I am trying to write TCL bindings for libRPM 4.2.x, but I cannot find any good documentation on the library changes - specifically transaction sets and the like.

I've pulled the rpm-devel package and installed it, and while it supplies some documentation, it seems to be just Doxygen created info. While Doxygen is better than nothing, it is more of the "what" than the "how" or more importantly the "why" sort of document - it tells you what the API calls are, but not how to use them or why to use them.

I've looked at rpm.org to see if Maximum RPM has been updated, but as far as I can tell it has not.

I'd appreciate any pointers to documentation that would help, especially help with the following specific question:

Given a process running as non-root, how can I have that process determine a desired transaction set and communicate it to a root process (which will do the actual application)?