Re: Updates for RH9.0

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 05:40:02PM -0700, cslyon wrote:
> I will give that a try but it doesn't look like they have all the new stuff.
> I don't see perl 5.8.3 and the latest sendmail. Any ideas or should I ask
> them?

Generally, package versions don't change much over the lifetime of one
release. Basically, a release is a snapshot of the current stable state of a
bunch of software, and for the lifetime of the release, it gets minimal
changes -- usually, backported security fixes that don't increase the
version number or change or add features.

To get the newest stuff, you want a new release -- probably Fedora Core 1,
or in a few months, Fedora Core 2. These are basically what would have been
Red Hat Linux 9.1 and Red Hat Linux 10 (or something like that) had things
continued as they were.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>