Re: Installation Questions during the rpm installation

Le jeu, 22/04/2004 Ã 09:39 -0700, Baz a Ãcrit :

> Paul,
>
> Thanks for your wonderful inputs as always. I did get your point - RPM is
> not designed to have any interaction with users.
>
> Yes, most of the cases, for example, CATALINE_HOME or ORACLE_HOME can be
> found if installed.
>
> However, there are situation during the installation that are not the same.
> For example, at the end of the install, it is necessary for user to decide
> if s/he wants to start up the application or not. How can you handle this in
> RPM installation?

By default no app is started right after install (its ok to restart on
upgrade though). So the user does not have to decide. The convention
is : you've just installed dead meat. To start it people have to look
the magic startup command in the app doc.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot