Re: subpackage syntax changed post 4.1?

On Wednesday, 07 April 2004, at 13:31:13 (-0700),
Christian Goetze wrote:

> I don't disagree that there are other ways of doing this. My point
> is that this spec file worked on rpmbuild 4.0.4, but fails on
> rpmbuild 4.1.1.  Obviously, somebody changed the way subpackages
> were to be done. Fine, I just wished there was a way of knowing
> this. This is just an _example_, reduced to a very small spec
> file. My actual spec files are lot larger, and meanwhile, I have
> rewritten them to not use subpackages anymore.

%install <subpackage> doesn't make any sense.  There's one %install
just like there's 1 %build.  You split the results out using %files,
one for each subpackage.

If it did work in 4.0.4, it was probably a fluke, and if it wasn't, it
should have been. :-)

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>