Re: subpackage syntax changed post 4.1?

> On Wednesday 07 April 2004 10:46, Christian Goetze wrote:
>> The failure seems to be that in 4.1.1, saying "%install dummy"
>> results in %install being replaced with nothing, leaving "dummy" in
>> the script, as shown here:
>
> Why can't the installation of both file sets be done in the single
> %install section?  Just place a comment in to show where package 1
> install parts end, and package 2 install parts begin.  The separated
> %files sections should be able to proceed as normal.

I don't disagree that there are other ways of doing this. My point is that
this spec file worked on rpmbuild 4.0.4, but fails on rpmbuild 4.1.1.
Obviously, somebody changed the way subpackages were to be done. Fine, I
just wished there was a way of knowing this. This is just an _example_,
reduced to a very small spec file. My actual spec files are lot larger,
and meanwhile, I have rewritten them to not use subpackages anymore.
--
cg