Re: Which program options are included with RPM build

In regard to: Which program options are included with RPM build, Dean Scott...:

>Many programs can be built with various options such as specific
>database support etc.  Is there any way to find out what configuration
>options were built into an RPM when it was created?  I have used the -i
>option to get info about packages and this information isn't shown.  I
>have searched for this answer in the Maximum RPM book and have not found
>it specifically addressed.

There really isn't any way to know.  One thing you can sometimes do is
use the `--requires' flag to see what a package requires.  That may tip
you off that it was built with support for XYZ, if it requires libxyz.so.4

For packages that I build, I often include the configure and make output
as a part of the %doc for the package, so I can easily figure out what I
might have done for some package I built a long time ago.  That obviously
only works for packages that I control (built), though.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx