Dependency on /bin/sh

Hello,
   I have built my own RPM that I am downloading into a device which has a
clean RPM database. This RPM contains some self sufficient executables (they
have no external dependencies). But the spec file contains a %pre script
which creates some soft links after testing for their existence. Because of
the %pre script an automatic dependency got created for /bin/sh.
This dependency is generated even though I have
                   AutoReq: 0
in the spec file.

  To overcome dependency failures, I added /bin/sh in the "Provides" clause.
But still the failure due to dependency on /bin/sh occurs. Any idea to
overcome this automatic dependency generation will be appreciated.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ram Prakash. R