Re: Internal Lua support on RPM

On Sunday, 21 March 2004, at 07:34:22 (+0100),
Tomasz K?oczko wrote:

> Will be possible to build rpm without lua ? All current rpm packages
> which I know can be correctly handled without feactures like lua
> embeded script interpreter so IMO adding to rpm lua is IMO plain
> bloating :>

Refering to a scripting language specifically designed to be small and
lightweight for purposes of embedding as "bloating" tends to indicate
a lack of sufficient understanding and research into the subject at
hand.

Why is it that so many people equate "features I won't ever use" with
"bloat?"  If you don't like it, don't use it, but realize that others
may (and do) find it useful.  Perhaps because they're facing a
significantly different problem than you are.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <mej@xxxxxxxxx>