Python API: TRIGGERTYPE unsupported type

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I didn't
immediately find anything on Google, in the Red Hat
Knowlege base or Bugzilla.

I'm getting an error when using Python to pull data
out of the RPM database. My actual program is more complex
than this, but I've narrowed it down to the following
simple example:

When I run the following script:

  #!/usr/bin/python
  import rpm
  tn = rpm.tagnames
  ts = rpm.TransactionSet()
  mi = ts.dbMatch('name', 'termcap')
  h = mi.next()
  print h['name']
  print h['TRIGGERTYPE']

I get the following output:

  termcap
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "test.py", line 9, in ?
      print h['TRIGGERTYPE']
  TypeError: unsupported type in header

I'm developing on an RHEL 3.0 WS system fully up to
date with RHN, rpm 4.2.1 rel 4.4. But I have verified
it on a second RHEL 3.0 WS system, as well as on an RH
9 system running rpm 4.2 rel 0.69, so I don't think it's
a corrupted database. If, on my main RHEL system, I trap
that TypeError and loop through all tags in all headers,
I find that it occurs in 197 headers, and only ever on
the TRIGGERTYPE tag.

Any guesses what's going on?  Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
--Bob Drzyzgula