BUG? rpmbuild: perl "use lib" and "require"

I ran into a situation (with sympa http://www.sympa.org) where rpmbuild was
generating package requirements like "perl(tools.pl)" even though tools.pl
is part of the package itself.  I worked around this by adding

  Provides: perl(tools.pl)

to the specfile, and so far this seems to work.  (I still have perl module
dependencies to install before I can test the package fully, so I don't
have 100% confirmation.)

I think this behavior of rpmbuild could be considered a bug; at least it's
suboptimal.  The problem appears to be that /usr/lib/rpm/perl.req sees the
line

  require: tools.pl

in a perl script in the package, and generates an rpm package requirement
from this.  But the perl script that requires tools.pl knows how to find it
because it has

  use lib '/usr/lib/sympa/bin'

and /usr/lib/sympa/bin/tools.pl is provided by the package itself.

At least this is my pretty-sure guess about what's happening; I'm not a
strong perl user, nor an expert on rpm, so I could possibly be wrong.  But
I don't think so. :)

So: should we continue working around with Provides:, or could perl.req be
extended to check for "use lib" in order package itself satisfies the
"require"?

David